|“||Makeshift pneumatic rifle created from the scraps of the Metro. Silent, with powerful initial shots that decrease in damage overtime.||”|
The Bogomol is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.2.0 Snipers vs. Shotgunners: Night Ops update. It can be upgraded to the Bogomol Up1.
It appears as a rigid makeshift pneumatic air rifle .
It has a wooden frame stock with a large dark blue air tank with a grey valve and a pipe connected to the body of the weapon. The body is grey and has a grey bolt handle and ejection port, and has a makeshift scope mount with a scope taped onto it.
It also features a blue handguard with a air pipe on the bottom and a grey barrel.
When equipped, a green bar will appear near the bottom of the screen, which will decrease as more shots are fired.
When at full power, it does devastating damage, able to one shot a medium armored player when hit in the head with a secondary knockback effect, however this decreases overtime.
To regain power, the player must either reload the weapon or wait after a period of time in order for the tank to refill air, depending on how much shots was fired.
This is also paired with a slow rate of fire, an average ammo capacity and decent mobility.
- The Bogomol is effective at long ranges, make sure to stand at a high place away from sight.
- This weapon is also good for stealth due to it being silent. However, do not go too close to an opponent, they will be able to hear you.
- Make sure to get a kill with the first shot as this can guarantee an instant kill.
- When out of battle, it is recommended to switch to another weapon while waiting for the power bar to recharge.
- Aim for the head for an instant kill when at full power.
- Due to the low ammo capacity, conserve shots and reload when out of the combat.
- Make it hard for users to hit you by strafing around if engaged in a sniper brawl.
- Use an area damage weapon to throw off the user’s aim.
- Take out users when they are reloading.
- Try to get into close-ranged combat with a shotgun or a fast firing weapon.
- SIngle Shots
- Knockback: Sends enemies back from a distance when hit.
Supported Maps Edit
- Valleyside Fort
- Sniper Forts
Weapon Setups Edit
Have a weapon that can be used in close range, in case of a close ranged engagement.
- It is based off of the Tihar from the Metro series.
- 'Bogomol' means 'mantis' in Russian, this could refer to the translation of 'tihar' , which means 'silent one'; both relating to cunning and stealthy individual.
- It is the first weapon to feature a damage dispersion effect.