|“||Semi automatic shotgun. Fires flechette rounds that are able to travel farther and more accurately than buckshot.||”|
The Tactical Shotgun is a Primary weapon added in the 12.X.X as part of the Snipers vs. Shotgunners update. It can be upgraded to the Tactical Shotgun Up1.
The weapon features a blue camo retractable stock connected to the pistol grip, a blue camo receiver, handguard, magazine tube, and barrel.
It also features a laser sight mounted at the bottom of the magazine tube, which projects a red beam.
When fired, mini flechette rounds cannot be seen, unlike the yellow tracer projectiles from other bullet-based weapons.
The weapon does moderate damage, and has a moderate firing rate and decent mobility.
- Use this weapon at close-medium range combat, the tightened spread of the shotgun can help with medium ranged combat.
- However, the tight spread could be a problem at closer ranges.
- Aim for the head for maximum damage.
- Use the untraceable projectiles as an advantage and perform fast, hit-and-run attacks on the enemies.
- Pick off users at long range.
- If engaged within close quarters, try outflanking the user.
Shotgun: Fires a spread of projectiles, instead of a single round.
Flechette Rounds: Fires mini steel arrow-like projectiles instead of buckshot, which increases accuracy and range at the cost of damage per pellet.
Supported Maps Edit
- Pool Party
- Sniper Fortress
- Paradise Resort
Weapon Setups Edit
This weapon can serve as a backup weapon for any long-range play styles.
- It is based on the Benelli M4 Super 90 semi-automatic shotgun.
- It is the first shotgun to fire flechette rounds.
- When reloaded, the user will always load 8 shells into the tube, regardless of its current ammo capacity.
- In the 13.2.5 update, it got a redesign; now featuring a blue camo on the stock and the receiver.